What's in a Name?

I am jacob. Have you tried looking at yourself in 3rd person and beeen able to say, "that there is my name."? The name "jacob" seems like me, and then it doesn't. I try to think about what a jacob looks like to me, and I get curious, because I don't think of anyone or anything in particular. The way "Jacob," or "jacob" looks in writing or text, appears, to me, foreign. I do not believe it is a name I own, so much as have been leant, or am borrowing and using for the duration of this life.
According to urban dictionary,
Jacob is,
romantic and very loving person
vary kind hearted
a fighter and a lover
bold
has anger issues often
falls for girls easy but gets over them well
never scared of anybody
and loves loves loves sports

This sounds like a lot of people, and, it does have everything right about me. Except the part about "Easily falls for girls and gets over them quickly." Those I've truly loved, I will never be over.
I keep thinking about Eggars' What is the What, where each person gets a name from different groups, tribes and walks of life. In that process, the names are not so adhered to the individual as they are more a point of reference. For those surrounding, I suppose. I naturally do not identify with my name. But I keep it close, as it is currently the best resource I have for the world to identify me.

0 comment(s):